Job Role: Bodyshop MET Technician
Dependent upon experience
8.30am to 5pm Mon-Fri, 8.30am-12.30 Sat (Rota)
Objective: Accurately and skilfully undertake the removal and replacement of Mechanical, Electrical and Trim items on motor vehicles
• Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures.
• Meeting acceptable safety and quality standards
• Interpret and implement technical instruction data
• Ensure alignment equipment is used accurately on all repairs
• Seek clarification from the Bodyshop Manager or Bodyshop Administrator if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect
Objective: Fulfil all tasks to the customer’s complete satisfaction
• Complete assigned jobs within the estimated repair times
• Safeguard the customer’s vehicle and its contents while in the workshop
• Ensure that all vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customers
Objective: Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
• Observe, recognise and report on vehicle structure where necessary
• Report on the job card all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle
• Report any additional damage found when stripping the vehicle directly to the Estimator/ Foreman
Objective: Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines
• Report accurately and correctly all components, materials, consumables and hours used on each vehicle repair, keeping wastage of all materials and consumables to the minimum and placing orders for replacement parts Keep work area clean, tidy and free from hazards
• Ensure all health and safety, environmental and recycling policies, plus all internal policies and procedures are adhered to, focusing on customer needs and building upon the professional reputation of the retail facility, reporting any concerns to the Bodyshop Manager or to the Health and Safety Officer
• Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in accordance with company policy
• Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager
• Ensure all policies and practices are followed adhering to the retail and wholesale standards to build upon the professional reputation
Must have previous VAG experience in a similar role
Previous experience of working within a busy bodyshop environment.
To have served a recognised apprenticeship and have attained a recognised qualification.
To have undertaken manufacturer's training courses.
Full Clean Driving Licence (for insurance purposes)